I got to go to our trailer in the woods of Wisconsin this weekend. We had gorgeous weather with temps in the high 70's to low 80's. Perfect evenings for a campfire, and perfect afternoons for crafting on the porch. Debby and I both worked on our cards for our demonstrator swap tomorrow night. I don't want to spoil the surprise for the other demonstrators, because part of the fun is looking thru your stash after the swap to OOO and AAAhhh over the cards you got. These cards are then used as samples for our displays we use at classes, or as samples to copy for our workshops, or in my case, my card buffet. Because the new catalogue was released on Friday, June 1, all the swap cards are to be made with new products from our new catalog. I can't wait to see what I get. In fact, I had an order all ready to put in on Friday. I stayed home until after 1:00 so I could order from the new catalog, but as I was packing up my supplies for card making this weekend I decided to hold off until tomorrow night to place an order. The possibility that I might be using up something from my current supplies that might need to be replaced was a consideration. Also, I might see something from the swap that I really want. I have my own stamp sets, papers, embellishments, and punches on my lists to order for myself, but you never know what will change my mind. In fact, this afternoon I sat down and looked thru the new catalog again, and changed my mind about what stamps and designer series paper to order. I decided that I had some new things that were kind of cutesy, and what I thought I wanted to order was another cute set, and that I may want to in another direction for my order this time. So, I picked out something a little more serene. It must have been my beautiful serene surroundings that changed my attitude. Can't wait to order them now.
I did have a new card to share with you today. This is another card made with Betsy's Blossoms stamp set from the new Stampin' Up! catalog.
I did a little experimenting with a technique called masking. I stamped my big flower, and the little flower cluster on the sticky edge of a post-it paper. I cut the flowers out to be used as my mask. I then stamped the flowers on the card. I covered one of the large and a cluster of little flowers, and then I stamped my leaves around them, protecting the flowers from leaves being over them. I moved the mask to the next blossoms, stamped more leaves, and continued until I got the branch full of blossoms I was trying to achieve. Some of the leaves I stamped twice before inking, to give them a variety of intensity, giving the image some depth. I used the same masking technique on the "postage stamp" rectangle on the card, only this time I also cut a rectangle bigger than my die cut rectangle using the sticky paper. Then I cut a rectangle window out, and in the cut away area I sponged a little of the primrose pink ink. When I put this piece aside to wait assembly, it managed to get bumped up against the stamp pad and it got pink on the edge. Whoa is me! But, all was not ruined. I decided to tip all the edges by gently brushing the tips of the scallops across the stamp pad to get just a tiny touch of color. I loved it! I really helped to make that postage stamp stand out from the white on white card, and a few dimensionals helped to pop it up!
I hope you like this fresh new card. You can check out more ideas for this stamp set in the new catalog. Check it out! Come back again soon.